Tuesday, April 19, 2011

JAZZ CD PICK OF THE WEEK - VERY SAXY


Can you ever have too many tenor saxophones?
I think not! This weeks Jazz CD Pick of the Week is titled "Very Saxy" and is jazz lovers delight in that you have four tenor players going head to head in all star jam session. With tenor greats Coleman Hawkins, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, Buddy Tate and Arnett Cobb this is a definite winner! Oh did I fail to mention Shirley Scott on the organ as well. WOW! Anyway, I had picked this up on my last trip to Amoeba and it kind of got lost in the shuffle with everything else that I had bought. I went back and gave it a closer listen and this is too hip! Anyway, check out a track from this 1959 classic and hip up!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorites! I didn't know it was available on CD; I bought the LP back in my college days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hip you to this so you can add it to your collection. Remember it is SAXOMAN's duty to hip the unhip. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete