Sunday, April 10, 2011

TWO COKES PLEASE - HUH?


Back when I was about 19 years old I was thinking that I was (and still am) a pretty hip guy. Because none of my friends could understand this "jazz music" that I was listening to I would borrow my Mom's, Dad's, or brother's car so that I could take a trip to the jazz clubs to hear some top name talent. I got a chance to see Art Blakey, Joe Henderson, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Freddie Hubbard, John Klemmer, Sonny Rollins, Warne Marsh, and many others. Now because of my age I would still have to abide by the clubs two drink minimum (per set) policy. So......gimme two cokes please! HAHA! Now occasionally I would stay for both sets and have to order four cokes which was a lot of carbonation for my little belly but hey, that was cool as long as I got to hear more music!

No comments:

Post a Comment