Monday, November 14, 2011

CRAZY PEOPLE MUSIC - HUH?

I remember many years ago when this cd by Branford Marsilis came out. The title of the cd is Crazy People Music. Now I remember Branford being on one of the late night talk shows where he played a few cuts from this cd. They asked him how he came up with the title for the cd. He said someone had invited a friend of theirs to come hear Branford play for the first time. After the set Branford walked over and asked her how she liked the music. She seemed a little disturbed by the music and said "that sounds like crazy people music". Branford was a little confused. He said "do you mean music that they would play for crazy people?". She said, "No, it's like you gave crazy people instruments and told them to try and play". HAHA! A story I always remember. Anyway, here's a cut from this cd for all you crazy people out there.




1 comment:

  1. I have the Album. Now I have to see if I can find the CD!
    Love that Album. Branford swings with the best of 'em!
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete