Monday, July 26, 2010

GIVING BIRTH - WHY ON EARTH?


It seems pretty commonplace nowadays for fathers to participate in giving birth to their children. There seems to be no problem being in the delivery room and participating in this process. My only question is why on earth would you do this? I mean do you get a reduced rate for doing the doctors job? I don't know but all I can tell you is that there is no way SAXOMAN would ever witness or participate in such a thing. I mean I can't even watch the fake births in tv movies. No way! If your a faithful reader of my blog then you know I'm a pretty squeamish guy to begin with right? Anyway, way back when I was in High School I had to run a film for a class. Now I had no idea what the film was about as I was just the kid running the projector. Anyway, this was a film of a baby being born! Yep, I kid you not. Now I can tell you that I was horrified, mortified, traumatized and scarred for life! I can tell you that others viewing this film felt the same ways as a few people almost passed out. As I was rewinding the film I felt pretty woozy myself after what I had just witnessed. Giving birth? Count me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment