Friday, February 20, 2009

CD SHOPPING

There is nothing I enjoy more than going shopping for used cd's. I love scouring the used bins to see what treasures I can find at an affordable price. Living in Claremont, CA I am close to a Rhino Records but also make a point to visit Amoeba in Hollywood, Poo-Bahs & Penny Lane in Pasadena and ALWAYS make a point to hit the Pasadena Swap Meet (Flea Market?) in Pasadena the first Sunday of every month. This is where I get cd's for $5 a month and typically come away with a stack of cd's. I typically buy jazz but am also into other types of music such as latin music (salsa, latin jazz, etc.), classic 70's soul and funk and also classic reggae music. I have bought and sold and traded hundreds of cd's over the years. I continue to buy cd's with no end in site. Is this a bad habit? a compulsion? or just a love for good music? I don't really know but for now I will continue on until I no longer have the urge to buy music which I really can't see happening. Oh well........I guess it could be worse in that I was buying everything brand new and paying full price. At least that's the logic I'm using for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment