Saturday, February 21, 2009

JAZZ

OK, since Jazz is prominently featured in the title of my Blog, what does this Blog have to do with jazz?
Well I am a die hard jazz fan with an extensive collection of jazz Cd's that seems to grow on a weekly basis.
I play the saxophone (alto, tenor & soprano sax) in my spare time and have recently been dabbling in the EWI (Electronic Wind Instrument). I hope to one day get into a jazz band and bare my soul with extensive soloing.
There are those that say they love jazz and when you ask them who they like they start rattling off the names of artists that they play on The Wave (94.7FM) in the L.A. area. This to me is not really jazz but is known as Smooth Jazz. Some call it Snooze Jazz and others call it Instrumental Pop. Either way, to me it is not true jazz. Sorry and no offense out there to those that like this stuff it's just not for me.
In this Blog I will try an educate those who know little about jazz and also keep you updated on jazz releases and purchases in my never ending quest for more jazz music.

No comments:

Post a Comment