Monday, February 23, 2009

SOCCER

OK, now I know soccer (or futbol as some call it) is supposed to be the most popular sport in the world however like most Americans I really don't get it.

  • What is exciting about watching a three hour plus game that ends with no score?


  • Why do soccer players always fall down, writhe in pain, get carried off on a stretcher only to return 5 minutes later?


  • How are you supposed to know how much time is left? The time they show is the elapsed time and the time that is actually left is up to the referee.


  • Why do so many soccer games (especially in Europe) end up in riots? It's just a game isn't it?


  • What is the deal with penalty kicks? Shouldn't there be overtime or sudden death or something?


I could go on and on but figure I'll stop here as I've probably offended 3/4 of the world. Oh well.....

This Simpson's episode will show you how most Americans view soccer. ZZZZZZZZ


No comments:

Post a Comment