Saturday, February 21, 2009

REGGAE ON THE RADIO

I'm not aware of very much reggae music being played on the radio these days however I do try to tune in to 90.7 FM (KPFK) in the Los Angeles area every Sunday from 3:00 - 5:00PM. This program is hosted by a guy named Chuck Foster who is very knowledgeable in reggae music, has written a book on this subject and also writes a column in The Beat magazine where he reviews all the new reggae releases.
His knowledge and reviews of reggae music have steered me in the direction of many great reggae artists that I was completely unaware of.

The attached link will take you to The Beat magazine which I used to subscribe to.
This magazine has interviews, photos, upcoming festivals and reviews of all types of world music. It is really a good magazine that I recommend highly.
Hmmm......speaking of festivals, the Raggamuffin festival (previously known as The Bob Marley Festival) is being held in Long Beach this weekend. I went to this once and had a blast. I got to see great performance by Burning Spear, Beres Hammond, Damian Marley, Wayne Wonder, and others. A really great time! Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment