Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MY TOP 5 TENOR SAX PLAYERS

Because I play the sax I thought I would list my top 5 tenor sax players followed by many others that deserve honorable mention. So here they are:

  • John Coltrane
  • Sonny Rollins
  • Dexter Gordon
  • Joe Henderson
  • Stanley Turrentine
Honorable Mention goes to the following:

Gene Ammons, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Johnny Griffin, Stan Getz, Michael Brecker, Booker Ervin, Sam Rivers, Wayne Shorter, Joshua Redman, Branford Marsalis, Yusef Lateef, Ben Webster, Warne Marsh, Hank Mobley, Coleman Hawkins, Lester Young, Eddie Lockjaw Davis, Tina Brooks, Ike Quebec, John Klemmer, Harold Land, Charlie Rouse

I'm sure there are countless others I may have forgotten but that's some of my many favorite tenor sax players.

2 comments:

  1. There was this guy named Charlie Parker who wasn't too bad either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No offense to you but I'm listing tenor players here. Bird (Charlie Parker) played alto sax. Jeez.....

    ReplyDelete