Monday, November 9, 2009

BUYING JEANS - WHEN DID IT EVER BECOME SO COMPLICATED?


OK, now when did buying jeans become so difficult? It used to be you would go to the store and find some Levis and then just find your waist and length and you were done! Out the door in a matter of minutes without even having to try anything on. But now? Oh no! I can tell you that I just went through this nightmare this past weekend and it's nothing like it used to be. No way! First of all you have the multitude of different styles to choose from. These include: Skinny or Super Skinny (which look like tights to me and are what you typically see kids on skateboards wearing). I honestly don't know how I could even fit my big feet in these things. You then have Slim Fit, and then Regular Fit (whatever that means), then Relaxed Fit, and then Baggy. There may be more but these are the ones that I remember. Not only do you have these many choices, but now some of these jeans don't even sit at waist level (like men's jeans should be in my opinion). Now they have men's jeans that ride lower on your hips! What? These are like wearing ladies hip-huggers and if I wore these I'm sure people would be starin' at my butt crack every time I would bend over (kind of like what I do when I see women bend over HAHA!) On top of all this you have the various looks such as faded, distressed, torn, etc....Anyway, I'm sure women have been dealing with this issue for years but I can tell you this is all new to me and it's a real chore to buy jeans now. Jeez......when did things ever get so complicated?

2 comments:

  1. yea, what ever happened to Toughskins and the only choice was the size and weather or not they were "Huskys".

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUH? WHAT? TOUGHSKINS? WHAT THE??? SORRY BUT SAXOMAN CANNOT RELATE TO THIS ONE. MUST BE A COUNTRY THANG! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete