Sunday, November 29, 2009

THE SYLVERS - WHERE IS THE LOVE?


One of the great under appreciated soul groups of the 70's is the musical family, The Sylvers. Now I'm not sure why, but I think that the Sylvers reputation as a serious musical act may have been tarnished by the fact that they hit it big with a couple of bubblegum type tunes (Boogie Fever, Cotton Candy, Hot Line). If you look beyond these "hits" and check out their first three albums titled "The Sylvers," "The Sylvers 2," and "The Sylvers 3", I think you will find some really great music. Songs such as Fools Paradise, How Love Hurts, I Wish That I Could Talk To You and Can You Remember The Rain to name just a few. What's really impressive is that most of their songs were written by one of the brothers (Leon Sylvers) when he was a teenager! A truly impressive musical family that you definitely need to check out! What? You say, you're not hip to the Sylvers? Well here you go.....Here are The Sylvers on Soul Train in 1972 performing their hit I Wish That I Could Talk To You. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment