Thursday, November 26, 2009

EMPTYING THE COKE MACHINE


On my last blog entry I talked about emptying the Coke machine at work. Now why should this deserve a special blog entry? Well lemme tell ya'......On occasion my boss would ask me to empty the change from the Coke machine. This was one of the truly special perks of the jobs, well maybe the only perk of the job. My eyes would get really big as she handed me the keys to the machine and a coffee can to put the change in. I would then open up the machine and there before me was more change than I had ever seen in my entire life! WOW! I immediately started alternating between filling the coffee can and stuffing change in my two front pockets. For a guy making $3 an hour (if that) this opportunity was too good to pass up. Anyway, after the machine was emptied of every last cent I would return the coffee can and keys to my boss. She would usually make some sarcastic comment like "hmmm, not too much change this week", striking fear into my heart! When returning the keys and change I would always try to walk really slow so my boss would not hear the jingling of all the change stuffed in my pockets. The fact that I was wearing an apron really helped to cover my bulging pockets. I was always afraid my boss was going to call me over and tap on my two bulging front pockets one day but she never did Whew! Anyway, I always thought I was going to get caught at this because I am definitely not a good liar or a good thief but I never did. I look back on it now as payback for all the verbal abuse I had to take from her. HAHA! So there you have the story of the Coke machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment