Monday, November 16, 2009

HIGH SCHOOL PROM



Nowadays kids (I mean parents) spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on their child's High School Prom? It's as if their child's life will not be complete unless they take part in this rite of passage into adulthood. Me? Well I must admit that SAXOMAN did not partake in these festivities. Yep! You heard right! SAXOMAN skipped the prom! You see, there were some very valid reasons for me not going to this event so let me explain. Now back in High School I lacked several of the key ingredients necessary to go to the prom and these were as follows:
  • I didn't have a car (or a driver's license!)
  • I didn't have a girlfriend
  • And I didn't have any fancy clothes to wear to a prom like a tux or suit or whatever it is you wear to these things.

Now I consider these as real essential things needed to go to the prom. I know several of my friends were in the same boat as me so in hindsight maybe we should have all gone together and just had fun as a bunch of knuckleheads but we didn't. Oh well.......I'm sure many people have either good memories or bad memories of this event. Me? No memories at all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment