Saturday, November 28, 2009

SOUL TRAIN

In the early 70's I would spend every Saturday afternoon like clockwork watching the tv show Soul Train. Now occasionally my Dad would come into the room and make some racist comment and switch the channel on me, but for the most part he let me be. Now I can tell you that Soul Train was the show to watch because it had the hippest musical acts, the latest fashions, the latest dances and the finest ladies. Now one of the great parts of the show was the Soul Train dance line. Here's a sample of the Soul Train dance line from 1973 dancing to the O'Jays song Love Train and even features Fred "Re-Run" Berry before he hit it big with the tv show What's Happening. Anyway, check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I remember they would always be bustin out some new craze every week, like that slo-mo thing there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so many years later they aren't looking near as cool as they did back in the day!

    ReplyDelete