Tuesday, November 10, 2009

FUNK CD PICK OF THE WEEK - PARLIAMENT


A while back I had picked a Parliament cd as my infamous Pick of the Week so I figured why not follow it up with their biggest selling and most popular cd. With that being said, this weeks Funk CD Pick of the Week goes to Parliament with the funk masterpiece, Mothership Connection. Oh yeah! Featuring such all-time classics as P. Funk (Wants To Get Funked Up), Mothership Connection (Star Child), and Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker). Now back when this came out I can honestly say just about everyone I knew had this lp and would throw it on to get the party started. A classic cd that is a must have for your funk collection! The one to buy? Why the new, remastered version with eight tracks including an alternate version of Mothership Connection! Here's a video of Parliament playing Mothership Connection. Check it out and get hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment