Friday, November 20, 2009

YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY


I have to tell you that I have a real problem with a lot of young people in service industries. I'm talking about kids in their early 20's that wait on you in restaurants or in department stores. Now I don't know if most of these kids are mentally challenged or what, but a lot of them sure seem to be complete idiots to me. Another thing that I have a problem with is that most of these kids talk so damn fast you can't understand what the hell they're saying (mainly the girls). I'm constantly having to ask them "can you repeat that a little but slower?" Now maybe it's just me or maybe I'm just getting cranky as I get older. All I know is, why do businesses hire these brainless kids and where did good service go in this country? Just my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. I think in this fast paced world, the kids are in too much of a hurry. They think faster is better, and they could care less about things like customer service, respect for adults, and generally could not give a rats behind. Now, I remember when I worked at McDonald's (On Lake Ave in Pasadena in the 60's), you add to be polite, speak slowly so people could understand, and make sure the customer hears you.
    It is a sign of the times I guess (But I hope we're not sounding like old geezers!)
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete
  2. you better tell them damn kids to stay off your lawn!!!!haha

    ReplyDelete