Sunday, April 18, 2010

ANIME - WHAT IS THIS?


Now I have to admit that I have been pretty much in the dark as to what Anime was all about. I mean I had seen shelves full of these dvd's at Best Buy but didn't know anything about this phenomenon and I'm still kind of fuzzy on it. Anyway, Anime usually refers to a style of animation originating in Japan which is heavily influenced by the manga (Japanese comics) style. This typically featuring characters with large eyes, big hair and elongated limbs, limited motion and other distinctive features. Now why am I telling you about this? Well SAXOMAN decided to find out what Afro-Samurai (an Anime dvd) was all about. Seeing as Afro's photo graces this blog I felt it only right to look into this. With Samuel L. Jackson performing the voice of Afro as well as his alter ego (Ninja-Ninja) and music by the RZA (formerly of Wu-Tang), I figured this was a can't miss. And you know what? I was right! If you haven't checked this out then give it a try. If you are a fan of Japanese samurai flicks (Zatoichi, Yojimbo, Sonny Chiba, etc.) then gives this a watch. SAXOMAN recommended! Here's a short clip from this dvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment