Thursday, April 15, 2010

MY FOURTH JOB - THE WOOD SHOP


Well I told you about my first job (delivering newspapers) and my second and third jobs (bustin' suds) so let me tell you about my fourth job. My fourth job was working in a wood shop. Yep, the dreaded wood shop. I can tell you that this was one horrible job! This was without a doubt the nosiest place I have ever (and will ever) work! We had multiple saws going at once, several sanders going at he same time, all kinds of power tools being used and the big blowers which are typically outside of the building were inside the building! The noise was relentless but this was only a small part of the job. My job? I was gluing wooden boxes together all day long. I would use a roller to put glue on the ends of boxes and then assemble the boxes, clamp them up and wipe up the glue. I was bending over a table and doing this all day long! A really horrible job that I must have done for at least a year. Here I was 20 years old, a high school graduate and working like a donkey! No fun at all! I can tell you that I even took a cut in pay when I left this job. HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment