Saturday, April 17, 2010

DROPPING A DIME


When I was a kid, if you "dropped a dime" on someone (ratted them out) you were either beaten up after school, ostracized by all your classmates or any number of other tortuous things. From the many prison movies I've seen you would be shanked (knifed) and killed on the spot. What I find amazing is that in the working world "dropping a dime" seems to be a constant and acceptable practice. Nowadays it is called "throwing you under the bus". Either way it's ratting people out and I just don't get it. SAXOMAN would never engage in this childish behavior as he is well versed in the laws of the street. Anyway, after your co-worker "drops a dime" on you, you then have to be polite, smile and work together to be a team player. Jeez......I just wanna smack anyone who does this to me. I guess this is what's known as acting professional and showing restraint. I guess this is all part of being an adult. I guess.......

No comments:

Post a Comment