Tuesday, March 10, 2009

CHINATOWN AND JAZZ (WHAT?)

Is there anything better than taking a trip to L.A.'s Chinatown? I think not!
Where else can you buy the latest Asian movies, shop for Bruce Lee t-shirts and buy Asian hats. I passed (for now) on the hat that said "No Money - No Honey" Oh well, maybe next visit. Going there is like being transported to another country at times. It really is a lot of fun and I would recommend Chinatown to anyone.

Also for those that don't know there is also a jazz club located in the heart of Chinatown (see photo). I'm not sure what level of talent is booked at this club but it is always refreshing to see a place that supports live jazz.

This jazz club is also home to what's known as The Beat Swap Meet where thousands of LP's. 12 inch singles and 45's are for sale while DJ's spin the latest and greatest beats. It doesn't appear they sell cd's at this show, only vinyl. So all you vinyl hounds go check it out!

I don't know how often this record show is held but I know on March 15th they will be holding their first anniversary event. For more info go to http://www.beatswapmeet.com/

Anyway, as always another fun day in Chinatown as I picked up the latest movies (Chinese action and Korean suspense) to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment