Thursday, March 19, 2009

FUNK ARTIST OF THE WEEK - JAMES BROWN

Has there ever been anyone as funky as James Brown? I think not! During his heyday James was turning out hit after hit. Although I have owned the James Brown "Star Time" box set for some time, I have recently been collecting all of the studio cd's James had recorded in the late 60's through the 70's. The studio cd's contain the longer versions of many of his tunes where you can hear the band stretch out and get funky!
Check out this video of James at his funky best on Soul Train! Dig it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I was sure it was lip-synching at first, but no, it was live. Can't believe how good it sounded, not many mics, no monitors for James, yet...too funky. I have GOT to pick up that 'complete Soul Train' DVD at the swap meet. Congratulations on adding video to your blog, I can only imagine what's in our future now - brutal kung-fu be-headings, no doubt, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James was a bad ass, very cool footage of him in action on SOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TRAIN..
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy in his hey day! Nobody could do the splits like James! I love the video clips Saxoman! Maybe you've found a new career!
    BRD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know everyone is enjoying the James Brown clip. James was the King of Funk, The Godfather of Soul, Superbad and Superhip!

    ReplyDelete