Sunday, March 1, 2009

MY TOP FIVE ALTO SAX PLAYERS





For some reason I listen to more tenor sax players than alto sax players. Since I have listed my top five tenor sax players I guess I might as well list my top five (only five?) alto sax players.
  • Charlie Parker ( a real no-brainer)
  • Sonny Stitt
  • Cannonball Adderly
  • Jackie McLean
  • Art Pepper
Revised 3/2/09 - How could I forget Eric Dolphy!
Honorable Mention: Gary Bartz, Ornette Coleman. Hmmm..........anyone else? I'm sure I'm probably forgetting a lot of them but I'm drawing a real blank on alto players.

2 comments:

  1. That would be my list, too. But I'd have to put Johnny Hodges, Eric Dolphy, Ornette Coleman and Benny Carter in there. Maybe honorable mention for Lee Konitz....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I forget Eric Dolphy? My post will be amended.

    ReplyDelete