Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The iPod


Is there anything cooler than the iPod? I have to admit I was a little late jumping on this bandwagon but I can say that me and my iPod are inseparable. I take it with me when I go cd shopping (because of my failing memory), wear it on walks, watering the plants, washing the cars, shooting hoops, listen to it at my desk, etc. To have your complete collection of music with you anywhere you go is a truly remarkable thing!

I currently have the 80 gig model and it is completely full with over 15,000 songs on it. I can't add any more music which is real frustrating. This past Sunday I was cd shopping and saw a Charles Mingus cd that I wasn't sure I had. I turned on my iPod and only saw a few Mingus cd's listed. What? Yes, I had recently bought several more Mingus cd's but since I can't load them on my iPod I really don't know what I have.
Apple recently discontinued the 160 and 80 gig iPods and now only offer the 120 gig iPod. I can buy a 160 gig iPod on Ebay but I am buying technology that has been discontinued because Apple wanted to go with a slimmer/newer design and introduced the 120 gig.
Now my problem is, should I buy the old technology (160) get the new technology (120) or hold off hoping that Apple comes out with something new and bigger that will satisfy all my musical needs (for now). Hmm.....decisions...decisions.....

2 comments:

  1. Make a 500 gig model and I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 gigs? I know you don't have that much music!
    More music than me? No way...no how.

    ReplyDelete