Sunday, July 12, 2009

BEEP - BEEP, BANG - BANG...


My Junior High School football team was called the Tigers and the school colors were a hideous combination of orange and black (much worse then the photo shown). This hideous combination of colors led opposing teams to yell out "Trick or Treat" whenever they saw us coming. For the last few days I have had this old school cheer from Junior High rattling around in my brain. It goes something like this: BEEP - BEEP, BANG - BANG - UNGAWA - JOHN MARSHALL'S GOT THE POWER! BEEP - BEEP, BANG - BANG - UNGAWA - JOHN MARSHALL'S GOT THE POWER!
Now I'm not sure but I believe "Ungawa" is what Tarzan used to say in the movies to make the animals move. So I guess they were telling us to get moving!
Anyway, this cheer would be repeated over and over at games until it was ingrained in your brain as well as in your sleep.
So...... all together now! BEEP - BEEP, BANG - BANG - UNGAWA - JOHN MARSHALL'S GOT THE POWER! HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment