Thursday, July 9, 2009

THE NEWEST LAKER - RON ARTEST


I thought I would welcome the newest Laker to Los Angeles. So with that being said, Ron Artest - SAXOMAN welcomes you to L.A. Although I was sorry to see Trevor Ariza go, I understand the NBA is a business and the players chase dollar signs and not Championship rings. Now when you can replace Ariza with a quality player like Ron Artest then why not? Now I know Ron has exhibited some nutty behavior at times such as punching out fans in Detroit (see YouTube) and getting kicked out of several games for flagrant fouls (recent Lakers vs Houston playoffs) but I think Ron also brings some much needed toughness to the Lakers. Ron will also spew more nonsensical quotes then you can imagine and that haven't been heard here since Shaq left. Here's a short video from the recent playoffs with Artest blowing by Ariza and then dunking over Gasol and Odom left handed. Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment