Wednesday, July 1, 2009

iPOD HORRORS - NOOOOOOO........


Well the photo of Homer describes exactly how I felt earlier today when I was trying to update my iPod with some recent cd purchases. Basically what happened was that everything and I mean everything was erased from my iPod! WHAT? I kid you not. I was close to a heart attack as well as tears. I have over 90 gigs of music in my iTunes library and only have an 80 gig iPod so I have to manually manage what I can store on my iPod. I have been patiently waiting, and waiting for Apple to release a new and hopefully bigger iPod but so far no new Mega 250 gig iPod.
Anyway, I'm not sure what exactly I did to erase everything but I was eventually able to recreate some playlists and have now put my entire jazz and reggae collections into these playlists (about 54 gigs). My collection of R and B, Latin, World, Hip-Hop and Easy Listening will have to wait to be downloaded. Jeez......that sure was scary though. How could I go cd shopping without my iPod? I can't remember everything that I have. You may wonder why does a person need so much music? My theory is that if I am ever stranded on a desert island (like Tom Hanks in Castaway) I would have 64 days of music to listen to without repeating any songs. Now granted my battery would only last a day (or less) but that's besides the point. Hmmm......why doesn't Apple come out with a solar attachment so that I could charge my battery by the sun and not have to worry about battery life on a desert island.
Anyway, all is well and no heart attack for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment