Sunday, October 18, 2009

BLACK DYNAMITE - OH YEAH


Well I somehow was able to convince the wife to go with me and see Black Dynamite. HAHA! As usual we were running late and had to rush to the theater to get there in time. I wanted to get there early as I was expecting the place to be sold out. When I got to the box office to get the tickets the kid behind the window gave me a puzzled look and said, "What movie?" I looked at him like he was an idiot and said, "BLACK DYNAMITE, and hurry up cuz it's getting ready to start!" Imagine my surprise when I walked inside and there were only 3 people there! What the??? Where are all the blaxploitation fans? Well eventually more people showed up bringing the grand total to about 11 people. Anyway, the movie was hilarious as it was a total spoof of all of those great blaxploitation films of the 70's. Now when was the last time you saw a movie where somebody was called a jive turkey, a honky or a poop-butt? Huh? Anyway, a must see in my humble opinion. Check it out while you can. Up next for me? Why Ninja Assassin of course which is coming soon (see trailer)

No comments:

Post a Comment