Monday, October 5, 2009

FUNK CD PICK OF THE WEEK - PARLIAMENT


This weeks Funk CD Pick of the Week is The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein by Parliament (what a title huh?) I had been aware of this cd for some time but had never picked it up until yesterday. I can say that not all of Parliament or Funkadelic cd's are must haves, at least to me so I had passed on this cd in the past. I did a little cd shopping yesterday at my monthly PCC Flea Market and picked this cd up for $5 along with several other hip titles. To my surprise this cd was much funkier than I had anticipated. The horns on this cd are really, really funky. I only wish these older cd's had a little more bass when they were recorded cuz you can't have the funk without the bass right? Anyway, for those of you that aren't hip to this (yes, you!) give it a listen with the link provided and I'm sure you will say that SAXOMAN has hipped me once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment