Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MANDRILL - STILL FUNKY (OH YEAH)


Back on 5/13/09 I blogged about Mandrill - One Of The Most Underrated Funk Group Of All Time. One of my many readers reminded me that I was referring to Mandrill in the past tense and that I needed to check out some of their recent release. Imagine, someone hipping me when my mission statement is to "hip the un-hip". Although I had Mandrill's web site bookmarked as one of my favorites I was not familiar with some of these recent releases. To my surprise I then received some blog comments from one of the actual members of Mandrill (Doc Ric Wilson) asking for my mailing address so that he could send me these recent releases and bring me up to speed as to what Mandrill is doing now. I was stunned! Shocked! WOW! There are people that actually do read my blog and one is a member of Mandrill! Yours truly (SAXOMAN aka Afro-Samurai) was speechless!
A few days later I received Mandrill's Live in Montreux DVD, the Live in Montreux CD and also the ballad cd titled Sunshine. Too much! I have watched the dvd and listened to the cd's and all I can say is that these are great! Mandrill is still as funky as ever.
For those of you that want to get hip to these items then go to Mandrill's web site at http://www.mandrillis.com/ You will not be disappointed - Guaranteed! Have I ever steered you wrong? Check it out and get hip!
Now how about one of those Mandrill Original Logo t-shirts in XL for SAXOMAN? HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment