Wednesday, May 13, 2009

REGGAE CD PICK OF THE WEEK - BURNING SPEAR


Here's a long overdue reggae cd pick of the week. This weeks pick is the great Burning Spear with the cd titled 100th Anniversary. This cd contains two albums (Marcus Garvey and Garvey's Ghost). Released in 1975 these were the lp's that put Burning Spear on the map! What? You say you've never heard of Burning Spear? Oh my god! Well, as my mission statement says "my mission is to hip the un-hip" so check it out and get hip! Burning Spear is constantly touring and performing so go check him out! Me? Why of course I've seen him in concert. I am hip you know....
Go to the link on Amazon to hear some audio samples or check out some video of my man Burning Spear in action!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete