Monday, May 25, 2009

TATTOOS - WHY ON EARTH?


OK, I can honestly say I don't get this younger generation and their fascination with tattoos. Do they get tattoos because they generally want to have something on their bodies forever or are they just doing it because everyone else in their age group is doing it? Either way, I just don't get it! I personally cannot imagine anything I like so much that I would want to have it tattooed on my body forever except possibly the Laker logo HAHA! I'm sorry but there is just no way I am trusting some so called "artist" to disfigure this perfectly chiseled body! Now I have seen some tattoos that are really works of art but have seen others that look like crap. Some tattoos look like the "artist" used too much ink and the lines run together. Other so called tattoo "artists" should just be arrested for their obvious lack of talent.
To me having a tattoo is like wearing the same shirt everyday that you can't take off. It just seems to me you would get tired of looking at the same thing everyday on your body.
There also doesn't seem to be any respect anymore for the tradition of tattoos. It used to be a spider-web tattoo on the elbow meant you committed a murder. Nowadays you see just about anyone with one of these spider-web tattoos. Jeez.....no respect for old school traditions!
Call me old fashioned but that's my two cents on this new craze with this younger generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment