Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SOUL CD PICK OF THE WEEK


This weeks Soul cd Pick of The Week is the Temptations with their cd titled Temptin' Temptations. This is classic 1965 vintage Motown with the original Temptation lineup. For those that have watched the tv movie about The Temptations you know that they went through a lot of personnel changes but this cd contains all the original members. I personally watch the movie whenever I see VH1 is showing it (which they do a lot).
As for cd's I personally steer clear of "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of" compilations as I feel record companies truly overlook some real gems that the artists records. Although this cd has some well known hits such as Since I Lost My Baby, The Girl's Alright With Me, My Baby, Girl Why You Wanna Make Me Blue and Don't Look Back it also contains some real undiscovered gems such as Everybody Needs Love, I Gotta Know and I'll Be In Trouble that I had personally never heard before. A great cd that I just recently picked up while shopping at Amoeba. Imagine that, some hipness I was unaware of. Oh well.........it just shows you that even a hip guy like me can still get hipper!
Here's a video of The Temptations singing their hit My Girl which I'm sure you all know. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment