Sunday, September 13, 2009

DIFFERENT NEIGHBORHOODS OR DIFFERENT WORLDS?


When I started Junior High school I met a lot of new people from some of the neighboring cities such as Sierra Madre and Hastings Ranch. One day one of the girls invited my friends and I over to her house to see where she lived. Now I'm not sure how we got there (maybe by her parents after school) but when we arrived we were stunned! We saw wide streets with no cars and no sidewalks too! We saw large beautiful homes and perfectly manicured yards. It really felt to us like an entirely different world. The girl then showed us her horses. Horses? We never knew anyone that had horses before. Where do you keep a horse we asked? Now I don't remember us being allowed inside the home because we looked like thugs but it was really like being transported to another world. I think we tried to hitchhike home but no one would pick us up because, well we looked like thugs. I think we finally had to call someones parents so that they could come pick us up from the strange, foreign land. Whew! What an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment