Saturday, September 19, 2009

GETTIN' FUNKY AT THE L.A. COUNTY FAIR

Last night I went to the L.A. County Fair (yes,again) to see the Average White Band and War in concert. You really can't beat the price of these concerts (free with your fair admission) and I try to go to as many of these as I can. Playing all of their hits, AWB and War had the crowd rocking! I guess due to economics, AWB no longer travels with two sax players and instead utilizes just one horn. They are still able to create the two sax sound so for any musicians that may be interested in how this is done, go to this link to read all about it.
http://www.averagewhiteband.com/_musos/fredsgear.html
Now I can tell you that there were so many shaved heads and tattoos in the crowd that it felt like being transported to the L.A. County Jail. HAHA! I must say though that regardless of the crowd, this just shows that the power of music can unite people of all ages and races. I did have a minor gripe about the sound mix in that I felt the vocals and horns weren't loud enough. Maybe I have too critical an ear, I dunno. Just my two cents.
Up next!? Why some more funk with The Gap Band and The Brothers Johnson at the Fair on Oct. 2nd. I'll be there for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment