Saturday, September 5, 2009

HITCHHIKING - DOES ANYONE DO THIS ANYMORE?


Does anyone hitchhike anymore? I know when I was younger and before any of us had cars my friends and I used to hitchhike all over town. At that time we thought nothing at all of hopping into a strangers car to get where we needed to go. We used to hitchhike to each others houses, to the bowling alley and hang out, hitchhike to other schools to go to their dances, hitchhike to parties. We would even hitchhike home from school because it seemed like about a 5 mile walk. I just checked the distance and it was only 1.5 miles to my house. Oh well, it seemed much further at the time. Sometimes one of us would do the hitchhiking and two or three others would hide out of site because nobody would typically stop for a group of delinquent teenagers. Sometimes we would be hitchhiking around midnight just trying to get home from somewhere. Anyway, nothing ever happened to us but I'm sure that would not be the case today. I can only believe that hitchhiking has become a thing of the past and is a reflection of the times we currently live in. How sad.....

No comments:

Post a Comment