Friday, September 25, 2009

TIME FOR ANOTHER TRIP TO CHINATOWN


Well as most of you know my extended nine month vacation (unemployment) has come to an end. Because I start my new job on Monday I have been trying to take advantage of my last week off and do as many things as I can. It has been hot as hell this week so it has somewhat limited all of the things I wanted to do. Anyway, this meant that it was time for another weekday trip to Chinatown. Oh yeah! I drove to Pasadena and hopped the Gold Line train for $1.25 and after a short ride there I was. It's nice to go during the week when it isn't so crowded. You can browse freely and ask the lady in the DVD store "English subtitles?" She always says "yes, yes, English subtitles" regardless of whether they have them or not but when it is slow you can have them pop the DVD in and check it out for yourself. So I picked up a few of the latest Chinese bootleg releases which you may be reading about shortly as one of my recommended DVD Picks of the Week. Now what really amazes me is I can read about a movie being released on China and in 3 -4 weeks I can buy a great bootleg copy of it here in Chinatown for only $4. Incredible! After that I hopped the train home to relax and enjoy the latest in Asian cinema. I will definitely miss my weekday trips to Chinatown!

No comments:

Post a Comment