Sunday, September 27, 2009

TEXTING - I JUST DON'T GET IT


OK now I can honestly say I don't get this whole texting thing. I see people texting everywhere I go. I see people texting while they're driving (What? Yes, I know some of you do it!), while their sitting courtside at a Laker game (what? that's just wrong!) and every other place you can imagine. People who do it tell me it's addictive. I dunno.....isn't it easier and faster to just call someone? Is it because you don't want to talk to someone and it's like an e-mail? Maybe because I am currently without a cell phone (what?) that I don't partake in this activity. I dunno......even when I had a phone I don't think I texted more than a couple of times. I'm sorry but maybe I'm just old school but I just don't get this whole texting thing!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I can't see doing it unless you have an emergency or something so exciting that you can't wait to share it and the person can't be interrupted in that moment and have a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't agree more! I was just in Vegas, and most of the younger folks were walking around oblivious to the surroundings because their heads were down texting! It's insanity. What happened to the phone call? You can hide behind texts, and the 2 way interaction is just not the same.
    I know I'm old school because when I get a text on my phone the strange sound scares me........Just call someone and be done with it.
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be a lot of people but the younger people are the biggest offenders. They could be right in front of one of the natural wonders of the world and wouldn't see it cuz they'd be busy texting.

    ReplyDelete